Sunday, October 22, 2006

NC State Fair - 2006

Yesterday I went to the NC State Fair. It was a perfect day with the temperature in the low 60s and a cobalt blue sky. There are always friendly people to be found at the Cary United Methodist Church fair booth, a favorite destination for Ircil and Laurie Gentry (who were there the day before.)

This is the place with Fried Coke. The owner is clearly a marketing genius.

There was a wall of people waiting to try some Fried Coke.

This is what Fried Coke actually looks like. It is a funnel cake with a Coke coating.

I'm a big fan of waterfalls.

I wish I had a Fried Coke too...

It was a big day at the fair.


Nice ride.



I really liked this nifty design.

Cookin' corn.


Eatin' corn.


I had no idea you could safely feed a camel.

This sheep looks very strange, but that is the way his 4 horns normally grow.






Buttin' heads is fun!

A good place to watch "All Creatures Great and Small".


Check out the little girl in the lower left hand corner.

12 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool - I especially loved the photo of Fried Coke. I was wondering what that looked like!

 
At 6:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics and choice of subjects. I especially liked the ferris wheel above the tent tops. Was the labyrinth at the fair too?

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Chip. I was wondering what the fair looked like. Never got any further than the church fair booth to work.

Looking forward to more -

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Shots!!!! Also great for those of us who didn't make it to the Fair.

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Shots!!!! Also great for those of us who didn't make it to the Fair.

 
At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool pictures and interesting subject matter....
Thanks for sharing!

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chip, I really enjoyed going to the fair. I've never been! I think I'd rather walk in the woods though. long legs

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chip,

Lovely pictures, I have never seen a sheep with four horns before, must be difficult to see around. Is it a different species or genetic syndrome?

Aygun

 
At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Chip. Looks like you picked a beautiful day!shows that not every day was a wash out.

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth from someone who's been there-done that for many years, great pictor1al job on catching the flavor of the event. Daddy M's Son1.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great shots of the fair. Thanks for sharing. Melinda

 
At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good pics.
colorful, nice variety.
for me, pics with comments little more interesting than just the pic.

later

 

Post a Comment

<< Home